Wednesday, December 19, 2012

flurries.


it snowed yesterday. (it never snows in oregon. half an inch managed to close all schools). and i can't believe i'm saying this...but i miss it. it took a few flurries to make me remember how peaceful and gorgeous it is. there's a special something about a fresh blanket of snow. it melted away by the end of the day but that short glimpse of all white stuck with me. i'm secretly wishing it will snow again.

living at home during the holidays again is so nice. i get to enjoy christmas decorations in my cozy home, going to get a tree, singing in sacrament with my sisters, and going to christmas themed ward activities. i don't know what it is about this year, but i feel like it's a special one. there has been a lot of change in the last year, and i feel happy where i am. i know i'm supposed to be here and this time of year just gives me the chance to really soak it all in.

i am so grateful for:
the gospel
my savior
the scriptures
the calling to teach
good parents who love each other
a beautiful place to live
music
a boyfriend who takes care of me
friends who love me
giving gifts
the atonement and the chance it gives me to be a better person
a new job
learning new things

life is good.


No comments: