Sunday, July 17, 2011

loves, loves and even more loves!

i love my family SO much. LOVE them! i feel so blessed. i dont think i could say it enough times.

i love my mom. who has the sweetest, most tender heart. she is my best friend. i could hang out with her ALL the time. we just make fun of ourselves and laugh and trip over things and have a good time. people tell me i look just like her and i consider it the best compliment because she is absolutely gorgeous!

i love my dad. i kind of consider myself a daddys girl. even now, as a 23 year old when im upset all i want is for my daddy to hold me like he did when i was little. he is so sincere and his hugs tell you that. i love how logical he is. everything makes sense, and nothing is too hard.

i also love my parents because they set an example for me.

first...they know how to love each other. im not sure i know of anyone who loves and takes care of each other more than my parents. they both give unconditionally and i can see how happy they are in their relationship. i love watching them look out for each other. and i love that when mom forgets to say bye to dad she goes back in the house and makes sure to tell him and give him a kiss. they always kiss goodbye and its the sweetest. it makes me so happy to see that my parents still get excited when they get to meet each other for a lunch break.

second...they know and love the gospel. when dad became the bishop he changed a little. he recognizes even more the importance and blessings of the gospel in his life. even as the oldest child who has lived away from home for a while i am so blessed to have my dad being as a bishop. he keeps me straight and reminds me to turn to the lord. i savor every conversation i have with him that gives me guidance.

mom has the sweetest testimony. you know it because she cant ever keep tears in when she talks about something close to her heart. she is really good at recognizing ways that the gospel blesses her life. and i am blessed to sit and listen to the ways that she continues to recognize those blessings. today i sat on the stand next to my mom in a stake meeting when she did the sweetest thing. she suddenly stood up and i watched her as she walked all the way to the back of the room to see what she was doing. as she did she said hi and patted people on the back as she walked past people she knew. when she finally got to the back she found an elderly sister, took her hand, and walked her up to the front of the congregation to a more comfortable, open seat. she didnt say a word, she didnt ask any questions. she just got up and did it.

this trip home has been wonderful. i am so blessed to be in such a wonderful family who i know loves the lord, and loves me. i have wonderful parents, and an awesome brother and sisters. i am pretty proud to be called on of the 'dunnette' girls as i left church this morning. because they are great people. and im lucky to know that i can be with them for eternity.

1 comment:

The Dunn's said...

Lucy, you are such a sweetheart. I don't think you know how special YOU are! Everyone who knows you or is around you will talk about how special you are. You just don't hear it because you have just gotten out of the car or left the house. You possess the qualities that you just described from both dad and I. You have all of them in one person instead of two. You are a wonderful example to dad and me and we love you so very much!! We love it when we get to spend time with you, you bring a special light and spirit with you wherever you are. Thank you for writing such sweet things! I love you very very much! MOM