Saturday, November 6, 2010

i heart babies

i struggle because i dont ever know how to separate my journal and my blog. sorry but i just dont feel like writing my deepest thoughts and desires to the whole world on the internet but i do like the creative vent it is for me that my journal just doesnt give me.

i went for a run the other day.

ya i know....its been forever. but i was feeling sluggish and gross and decided getting my heart pumping would help. it was in the middle of the day which is even more weird for me because that means i have to shower again. but oh man what a perfect fall day for a run (ok jog/speed walk because im so out of shape right now)!

i just love living in a neighborhood because i get to interact with people who arent students. as i turned around at the top of the hill a lady cutting her bushes (who i admit i got jealous of for getting to do yard work. i seriously felt like asking her to help just because i thought it would be fun) said "good for you, i would have walked up the hill and ran down it." then a few seconds later i got asked for directions to the mtc. the guy was foreign and hardly understood english and even though it was the slightest act of service it left me feeling good.

jogging gives me time to think about......everything. i think so many things ran through my mind in those short 30 min. but the cool thing is it always seems so positive. i was thinking of things i want to do to be better and things that get me all excited. maybe i should stop being so fat and do it more often....ok before the snow comes.

i got to hold a baby this week.

what an amazing feeling! i had warm fuzzies for the next few days. i cant even imagine if it was my own baby that i had been carrying for the last 9 months. it will be amazing.

i get to take more pictures of him tomorrow. i spent my day walking through ross and tj maxx looking for cute fabrics and things to put him in. this is my first 'photoshoot' so i'm nervous but so excited. it feels good to have something i HAVE to be creative about. wish me luck.

here is a picture of him from the hospital....

hes so tiny!!

ps. a bird pooped on me today! in my hair.....sick. i heard *splat* and a *tweet* and then said 'i thiiiink i just got pooped on' sure enough it was true. this is the second time! both in my hair even. sick.

1 comment:

DESIRED SHOTS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

lucy! those turned out great!
i wanna see morrre!

and that is DISGUSTING bout the bird splat.
i bet he got a chuckle outta that one!

=]