Friday, February 25, 2011

i love family

i should really be in bed....

but i want to make sure i share these things..honestly so i dont forget tomorrow when i'm not feeling so hot.

....but you can read too...

im grateful for family. and friends. and honestly i dont have very many friends but im grateful for the ones i have.

im also grateful that the Lord knows me...and puts people in my path during the day to help me remember that. this morning i walked into work and said hi to my manager. she immediately asked me if i was ok. she said i seemed different. seriously? i had literally only been there for 5 seconds before she asked.

i like to pretend im tough and so i usually like to keep things to myself. but the fact that she was so aware of my feelings i decided to spill it. she gave me the biggest longest hug. and boy did it feel good.

ten hours later i spilled my guts to my aunt too. i guess i was a little better at pretending i was tough because she said she wouldnt have had any idea i was having a hard time. ANYway...the point is. im soo so so glad that i have family close now. i know its weird, but its like they just appeared (even though theyve been here all along). you see i say i work with my aunt...but shes my great aunt. and we have never been super close other than our family reunions every other year. and now....now i have this GREAT blessing of not only having one more person i know loves me...but to have that person at work. it makes a HUGE difference.

sometimes you just need a hug. and having new (old) family close by is a good source of that.

then i got to come over to my bestest friends house who was willing to let me stay the night and tell her about my day. AND she knows i needed a pick me up and greeted me with TWO princess presents. how awesome is she?

im grateful that the Lord knows what i need. and has helped me recognize friends to do creative things with, family who gives me hugs, and more friends who offer a place to stay when i REALLY dont feel like going home to my depressing apartment. and even though i have struggled a lot today... he has put a few things here and there to help me remember life isnt so crappy.

1 comment:

The Dunn's said...

I'm glad you have people there that love you and hug you since I can't be there to do it myself. You are very loved by more people than you probably imagine!1