Sunday, February 13, 2011

im in a cool club

you probably don't know this but i'm in a club. a cool one. its one of those clubs that nod to each other when you see someone else in that club. today i was taking pictures of this:
and this

when i was bombarded by four cars in the middle of nowhere. it was a family about to go out for a walk on this unusually warm day in february. at first i didnt know what to do. i asked if they wanted me to move and they said i was ok. they were very friendly. then one of the ladies came up to talk to me. she commented on how beautiful the scenery was. i started to get in my car and she exclaimed not for me to go! so i stayed a little longer and took a few more pictures. they felt bad for interrupting my alone time.... then the next thingi know i was recognized by a club member.
..he pulled out his cannon slr after seeing mine and approached me. he asked me to take a picture of his family. i gladly agreed!
you see for some odd reason people who dont own slr's are incapable of using them. i'm not sure what is so confusing about them. but after having one and asking random people on the street to take pictures of me i see that the general public tends to be clueless (ok unless they're from an older generation and ask 'oh is this the shutter button?'). so when you see someone else with one its kind of a relief. i was honored to take a picture of this family. and to understand when he said...sorry i only have my telephoto lens i knew i had to be a bajillion miles away to actually capture his huge family in the frame.
dont get me wrong. i'm not a professional. nor do i claim to be close to one. i just pretend and enjoy doing what i know. i want to be better! in fact i just paid for a photography skill session. but i do feel cool. its true.
as i was leaving my spot i passed a handful of people on the side of the road. it was a guy taking portraits of a girl with his reflector. (i guess its a good spot when 3 nice cameras can be found) he waved and nodded as he saw me drive by.
i admit...it brought a smile to my face.
so i proceeded to take these...

remember this guy? he's real cute. how can your resist that cow face!?
on a side note. i'm grateful that the lord is thoughtful and considerate. both my visiting teachers and home teachers came over today. my first meeting was extremely awkward. my second meeting was exponentially better. i'm grateful that my heavenly father knows me. and knows that i need certain personalities to help me open up and feel good about them coming to share a message. its weird how that made such an impact on the spirit i felt.

No comments: